The safety and security of your personal and financial information is top priority at First State Bank.
Along with all the safety measures we use on our side, we have gathered some security and customer awareness information to reduce your chances of becoming a victim. Below you will find some tips and reminders from us, and also links to informational websites.
Tips To Help Deter Identity Theft
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited request
- A bank representative will never contact you for debit card/credit card numbers, expiration dates, passwords or internet information. Do not give this information to anyone in response to an unsolicited request.
- Protect your Social Security Number (SSN), credit card and debit card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), passwords and other personal information
- Never click on the links sent to you through e-mail
- Protect your incoming and outgoing e-mail
- Shred all sensitive information
- Keep a close watch on your bank account statements and credit card bills
- Review your credit record regularly
- Never access bank or financial service information on shared computers, such as public libraries, internet café's, etc.
We do not solicit information (SSN, accounts numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, passwords, etc) by means of e-mail. If you receive an e-mail requesting confidential information from someone claiming to represent the bank, do not respond to the e-mail. Please call your local banking center to report any solicitations of this kind that you may receive.
FDIC – Consumer News & Information
Up to date consumer alerts, consumer news and information from the FDIC.
Fighting Back Against Identity Theft
The Federal Trade Commission advises how to avoid identity theft and learn what to do if your identity is stolen.
Ohio Attorney General Identity Theft
Identity theft FAQs and publications from the Ohio Attorney General.
Credit Bureau Information
Quick links to the three major credit report agencies, these tools can help you monitor your credit and protect your identity.
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
P.O. Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022