Health Savings Account (HSA)
It takes a little more than an apple a day to keep the doctor away. And you’ll be prepared for those visits with an HSA.
- Works in conjunction with a high-deductible health care plan
- Earn competitive, tiered interest rates1
- Save money to pay for medical-related expenses, including:
- Doctor visits
- Prescription medication
- Surgeries and operations
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:2
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical,
dental, vision expenses, and more
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time3
- Unused funds remain in account year after year
(no "use it or lose it" policy)
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of
career or life changes
- Access funds easily with a First State Bank HSA debit card
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65, who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP), can qualify for an HSA. But it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
1The interest rate depends on the applicable rate tier. No interest will be earned on days when the daily balance falls below $0.01
2Consult a tax advisor.
3You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.