A health savings account gives you a tax-free* way to pay for medical expenses. Start contributing now, whether you'll need the money next year or twenty years from now. And the money rolls over year-to-year. When you have to pay for a doctor's visit, prescription medications or even surgery, simply use your First State Bank HSA debit card that's linked to your account.
- Works in conjunction with a high deductible health care plan
- Earn competitive, tiered interest rates**
- Save money to pay for medical-related expenses, including:
- Doctor visits
- Prescription medication
- Surgeries and operations
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HAS in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Access funds easily with First State Bank HSA debit card
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult your tax advisor.
**The interest rate depends on the applicable rate tier, $0.01 to $9,999.99 or $10,000.00 and above. No interest will be earned on days when the daily balance falls below $0.01