Thinking about buying a home? Up to $5,000 may be available to you with a grant through the Welcome Home Program*.
The Welcome Home Program is a grant that helps those that want to buy a home but are in need of additional funds to help cover the down payment and closing costs.
- Homebuyers may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 based on documented need.
- Funds will be made available on March 1, 2018 and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- First State Bank will work with homebuyer to gather documentation to submit application to reserve funds.
- Funds are available for home buyers to purchase a primary residence only.
- Funds may be used only to help households whose incomes are at or below 80% of Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) income limits, as adopted by state housing finance agency, adjusted for family size.
- Homebuyers must contribute at least $500 of their own funds towards the down payment and closing costs.
- A homebuyer counseling program must be completed.
- Funds can be used towards new home construction.
- Funds may be used towards traditional mortgage or government loan such as VA, USDA or FHA.
Funds are limited, so don’t wait, contact one of our loan officers to learn more. For complete program details, visit www.fhlbcin.com.